IPSec improvement

VANHULLEBUS Yvan vanhu at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 14 13:14:16 UTC 2013

Hi.

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 02:36:15PM +0400, Slawa Olhovchenkov wrote:
> I am plan to do some improve in IPSec stack:
>
> - AES-GCM support (from OpenBSD)

Dylan Castine already started to work on that last year (see ML's
archives), and we took some time to work together on that.

Unfortunately, patch hasn't been commited since, as Dylan needed some
more time to do some important cleanups on the code.

I'll try to recontact Dylan to see if he could take time to finish
that.

> - GOST 28147-89 and 34.10-2001 support (by modules)
> - support for IPSec acceleration in network cards

What kind of acceleration, in which kind of network card ?

Are you talking about encryption/authentication done in the network
card (or CPUs, or .....), or do you want to use advanced IPsec
offloading provided by some chipsets ?

Yvan.