Recommendations for 10gbps NIC

Mark Felder feld at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 26 16:28:25 UTC 2013

My only experience with 10gbps on FreeBSD is on my friend's server --

Solarstorm SFN5161T 10GBASE-T Server Adapter

I guess the model you'd want is the SFN5162F and then you put in any
SFP+ adapters you want, so this would cover your 10GBASE-SR requirement.

The driver is new as of 9.1-RELEASE. It was surprising how well it
performed out of the box. Without tuning we had something like 8.5Gbit/s
in iperf. I have no idea if it provides your multiqueue requirement.