Block ACK in Ralink RT2860

PseudoCylon moonlightakkiy at yahoo.ca
Wed Jan 30 22:45:18 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Ramanujan Seshadri
<ksramanujan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you. I also wanted to know the function where the Block ACK Window
> will be decided. is it decided during the ADDBA session establishment or
> does it change dynamically.

The hardware will aggregate packets until any of following limits hit max
http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/dev/ral/rt2860reg.h#L782
* rt2860_txwi.flags
        RT2860_TX_MPDU_DSITY_SHIFT
        000 == no restriction
        001 == 1/4 us
        010 == 1/2 us
        111 == 16 us
* rt2860_txwi.xflags
        RT2860_TX_BAWINSIZE_SHIFT (frame count)

http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/dev/ral/rt2860reg.h#L93
* RT2860_MAX_LEN_CFG bit 12:13
        00 == 8k bytes
        01 == 16k
        10 == 32k
        11 == 64k

At a quick look, none of them is set in current code. Also,
RT2860_TX_AMPDU flag need to be set to make the h/w aggregate packets.

How is ampdu working on ral(4)? I cannot test because I do not have
any ral(4) nic (only have run(4) nics).

AK