Cas driver fails to load first time after boot.

Marius Strobl marius at alchemy.franken.de
Thu Jan 24 15:09:13 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 02:46:48PM -0600, Paul Keusemann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a Dell R200 which I'm trying to build into a gateway with a Sun
> QGE (501-6738-10).  The cas driver fails to load the first time I try to
> load it but succeeds the second time.  Is this a problem with the card,
> the driver, my karma?

Wrong phase of the moon, apparently :)
The MII setup of these chips is a bit tricky and I'm not sure whether
I've hit all code paths during development of the driver. I certainly
didn't test with a 501-6738, these have been reported as working before,
though. It also doesn't make much sense that attaching the devices
succeeds on the second attempt. Could you please use a if_cas.ko built
with the attached patch and report the debug output for one of the
interfaces in both the working and the non-working case?

Marius