VMware vmxnet2 driver

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Fri Jan 18 10:54:28 UTC 2013

On 14/01/2013 07:42, Bryan Venteicher wrote:

> Any testing or performance data is welcome. For bulk TCP transfers, if_vic
> will tend to be faster than em (~1/2 a magnitude) due to TSO, but I don't
> think that warrants merging into HEAD yet.

Considering that from your description the current situation is:

	* The driver isn't *worse* than either em or the "official" VMWare
driver (right?)
	* There is currently no vmxnet driver at all in HEAD

... I don't think including the driver will harm anyone or anything, but
it may make things a bit simpler when configuring VMs.