static kernel with mod_cc?

Lawrence Stewart lstewart at freebsd.org
Tue Jan 15 13:09:02 UTC 2013

Hi Lars,

On 01/15/13 23:47, Eggert, Lars wrote:
> Hi,
>
> mod_cc(4) says:
>
> Algorithm modules can be compiled into the kernel or loaded as kernel
> modules using the kld(4) facility.
>
> Maybe I'm dense, but I can't figure out how to statically compile
> mod_cc modules into the kernel? (I'm using a PAE kernel w/o
> modules.)
>
> Hints appreciated.

You're not dense - the build glue to allow an algorithm to be specified
in a kernel config file doesn't exist. It probably should.

The hacky way to achieve what you want would be to edit
</path/to/src>/sys/conf/files and manually add a line like so below the
cc_newreno.c line:

netinet/cc/cc_<algo>.c          optional inet | inet6

That will compile the module into the kernel, assuming "options INET" or
"options INET6" is in your kernel config file.

Cheers,
Lawrence