if_vr(4) and DFE520-TX

Jeremie Le Hen jlh at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 15 00:12:02 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 05:30:53PM -0600, David DeSimone wrote:
> John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Monday, January 14, 2013 6:52:18 am Ruslan Makhmatkhanov wrote:
> > >
> > > http://s2.postimage.org/9nvkrlpqx/IMAG1040.jpg
> > > http://s2.postimage.org/4qi06hnrt/IMAG1041.jpg
> >
> > Did your cards come in a box with a driver CD?  The manual I found online
> > claimed the CD contains drivers for Linux.  Those might be useful for
> > determining which chipset these adapters use.
>
> On D-Link's web site there is a link to a Linux driver, which appears to
> be Donald Becker's driver:
>
> /* rtl8139.c: A RealTek RTL8129/8139 Fast Ethernet driver for Linux. */

I was looking for it on D-Link website as well, but you've been luckier
than me.  I found the same thing on a Linux forum.

I just did a wild try, can you check if it works?

http://people.freebsd.org/~jlh/dlink_dfe520.diff

--
Jeremie Le Hen

Scientists say the world is made up of Protons, Neutrons and Electrons.
They forgot to mention Morons.