What driver should I use for 'intel centrino wireless-N 2200 BGN'?

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Sun Jan 6 02:24:41 UTC 2013

On 5 January 2013 21:04, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The best thing I can suggest right now is trying the linux driver out
> and if it works better, working out what the driver is / isn't doing
> correctly.

Bernhard Schmidt, an expert in the area, is having a hard time
figuring it out.  I, with zero experience in the area, no testing
hardware (just my one nic), am going to have an easier time to figure
this out?

> I suspect that if you simply wait for something to happen, it's not
> going to happen.

This assumes I have the time to work on this.

Currently *all three* of my nics do not work on HEAD.  I chasing down
one of them on -usb now with hps.  iwn is the second.  The last is alc
which I've been told the vendor may be working on (and db is working
on as well).

Furthermore my main development computer (which had working internet)
has a broken motherboard which I am waiting for a replacement for.

I also work during the day and take a course on the Weekend.  I simply
*do not* have the time to track this down.

When I do have to work on FreeBSD stuff I have { ports, src, doc }
stuff that I already do in addition to working on closing PRs, chasing
down users, etc.

Sometimes the answer isn't "please do more work".  At this time I
*can't* be the one tracking down the iwn bug / missing feature.

--
Eitan Adler