Question: Why ain't I getting gigabit speed?

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Fri Feb 8 22:15:25 UTC 2013

In message <D192A655-2BBD-475E-B12B-F89D6A8E8B09 at my.gd>,
Damien Fleuriot <ml at my.gd> wrote:

>> In the case of connecting to the laptop, all seemed to work correctly,
>> however ifconfig showed that my re0 device in this case believed itself
>> to be "master".  (I suspect that this may make a difference, and that
>> the current FreeBSD re driver may perhaps behave better when it is
>> acting as master.)
>>=20
>
>?????
>Come again ?
>Master what ?

The hell if I know!

That's just what it said on the output of "ifconfig re0".  I saw the word
"master" following after the "1000BaseT" (but inside the <>) on the "media:"
line of the output.

>You never mentioned using lagg.

I have no idea what that is.  Thus, I have no idea if I am using it or not.
If I am, it is certainly unintentional.

Regards,
rfg