Driver patch to look at...

Randall Stewart rrs at lakerest.net
Tue Feb 5 19:04:14 UTC 2013

Hmm

That would trade off a stack pointer + a compare
vs always doing the move.

Thats fine until I have to add the _mc() version, then the put
back would be an atomic, and most of the time the return from
this is probably not changed…

I really would prefer not to since the compare and maybe store vs
the always store.. though the same now, would be far more expensive
in the _mc version.. if we do a _mc version of course ;-)

But I am willing to do whatever .. since this really needs to be fixed.