Can't connect to network with my NIC

Peter Jeremy peter at vps.rulingia.com
Fri Dec 6 09:42:56 UTC 2013

On 2013-Dec-05 21:51:29 -0500, Darryl Lyle <blue_phoenix316 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>     I just installed the latest pc-bsd 10 stable image, and I can't
>connect to my network with my nic, but I can connect fine via wifi.

I don't see anything immediately obvious that's wrong.

>If I try dhclient re0 I get no DHCPOFFERS

I presume there's a DHCP server visible from whatever re0 is plugged into.

As further debugging steps:
If you "tcpdump -n -i re0" on the affected box, do you see any network
traffic?  Can you see the outgoing DHCP requests?  Is there any response?

If you run "tcpdump -n -i ... ether host f8:b1:56:9d:84:3a" on another
box on the network (ideally the DHCP server), do you see the DHCP
requests?  If it's the switch or DHCP server, do you see any responses?

--
Peter