A small fix for if_em.c, if_igb.c, if_ixgbe.c

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Thu Dec 5 22:01:39 UTC 2013

On 5 December 2013 13:05, Michael Tuexen
<Michael.Tuexen at lurchi.franken.de> wrote:

> Just to be clear: This would mean that xxx_transmit() would return
> an error even if the packet provided in the call xxx_transmit() is
> enqueued and not dropped?
> This would also be problem with the current SCTP stack.

I think it'll return an error only if:

* it queued the frame to the tail of the drbd;
* it then tried to transmit a frame from the head of the drbd;
* it failed to transmit the first frame in the drbd and it couldn't
put it back into the queue for whatever reason.

So I think it should be "ok enough" for both TCP and SCTP.

Give it a go and let me know how it goes.

It's an interesting architectural problem to completely solve.

-adrian