Please review: LRO entry last-active timestamp.

Andre Oppermann andre at freebsd.org
Mon Aug 26 14:34:16 UTC 2013

On 21.08.2013 21:11, Navdeep Parhar wrote:
> I'd like to add a last-active timestamp to the structure that tracks the
> LRO state in a NIC's rx handler.  This is r254336 in user/np/cxl_tuning
> that will be merged to head if there are no objections.

No objections.  This is good thing.

The last time I looked some time back there were a couple of additional
issues with the soft-LRO code.  One was that it would cause packet re-
ordering when a new segment is out-of-order or can't be merged.  There
the new packet would be delivered first and the merged LRO chain after
it.  I think there were a couple of other similar issues.  However I
don't know if these have been fixed in the mean time.

BTW an excellent resource on the correct LRO behavior is this detailed
flow chart.  It probably would be good to audit our soft-LRO against it.
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj853325%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

--
Andre