RFC-6994 on TCP experimental options

Ollivier Robert roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
Sat Aug 24 17:04:17 UTC 2013

Hello,

A friend of mine referred me to RFC-6994 on experimental TCP options, their numering, the issues behind and a possible solution.  Do we have support for it?  I don't see anything about it in the code.

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6994.txt, Standard Track

Abstract

   This document describes how the experimental TCP option codepoints
   can concurrently support multiple TCP extensions, even within the
   same connection, using a new IANA TCP experiment identifier.  This
   approach is robust to experiments that are not registered and to
   those that do not use this sharing mechanism.  It is recommended for
   all new TCP options that use these codepoints.

Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
In memoriam to Ondine : http://ondine.keltia.net/