DTrace network providers

Kubilay Kocak koobs.freebsd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 10:01:49 UTC 2013

On 21/08/2013 3:00 PM, Mark Johnston wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've ported the ip, tcp and udp DTrace providers to FreeBSD, following
> the Solaris documentation here:

Wow, nice work Mark!

> I've collected a bunch of example scripts for these providers and placed
> them here:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~markj/dtrace/network-providers/
>
> To run one you just need to execute "dtrace -s <script>".

Do you think it might be worth getting this up and polished in the
FreeBSD Wiki, hopefully with a view to including it in future documentation?

The wiki might also be a good place to give the community a high-level
view and checklist for what we have and what needs to be done, improved
upon or tested.

A great outcome would be helping you to scale ongoing development for
DTrace on FreeBSD, and getting the eyes on it that we need to make it
more useful over time.

Thanks again for all your effort :)

koobs