CFR: FIB handling improvements

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 17:48:22 UTC 2013

* Use of dhclient with non-zero FIBs.  With this patch, it is possible

> to use DHCP on a specific interface with a non-zero FIB and have it
> work correctly with this rc.conf snippet:
>
> ifconfig_em1="SYNCDHCP"
> dhclient_fib_em1=1

This patch is needed, I have a situation where we have
2 internet providers, one is a static ip set in rc.conf, the other provider
forces
the use of DHCP, but trying to use the "DHCP" connection only for a
"Backup"
caused the problem of the primary gateway being overwritten on fib0 (the
static)
I tried to solve it by the following in /etc/rc.local:

/usr/sbin/setfib 1 /sbin/dhclient re2
setfib 0 route delete default
setfib 1 route delete default
setfib 1 route add default 99.55.240.1
setfib 0 route add default 75.133.75.193

this sorta works, but in practice after several hours (not sure why)
all of the traffic on the machine tries to use the gateway of FIB1.
this problem ONLY shows up when the use of DHCP is in the mix.

So my question is twofold, is my situation what this patch is supposed to
fix?
or did I simply find a bug in the interface code? that will sort of eludes

Thank you for your work
--

Sam Fourman Jr.