it's the output, not ack coalescing (Re: TSO and FreeBSD vs Linux)

Peter Wemm peter at wemm.org
Wed Aug 14 19:40:20 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 14 August 2013 04:47, Lev Serebryakov <lev at freebsd.org> wrote:
>

>>   And we should invalidate this info on ARP/route changes, or connection
>>  will be lost in such cases, am I right?.. So, on each such event code
>>  should look into all sockets and check, if routing/ARP information is
>> still
>>  valid for them. Or we should store lists of sockets in routing and ARP
>>  tables... I don't know, what is worse.
>>

> .. or per-CPU copies of the ARP table.. ?

Local cache at each consumer and check a generation number to see if
it needs to be re-validated before using.  The obvious problem with
this though is that big networks tend to kill your caches.

--
Peter Wemm - peter at wemm.org; peter at FreeBSD.org; peter at yahoo-inc.com; KI6FJV
UTF-8: for when a ' just won\342\200\231t do.