telnet authentication using RADIUS

takCoder tak.official at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 10:08:57 UTC 2013

hi all,

I need to apply radius authentication for my remote connections. For ssh, I
have no problems, as I use pam.d/sshd file to add pam_radius.so entry..

but for telnet I've faced a problem.. as I have seen, for non-SRA telnet
connections, telnet authentication will be done via pam.d/login rather than
pam.d/telnetd.. and this depends on telnet client as well rather than just
my server..

I need it to always apply pam.d/telnetd file for all telnet
authentications, so i can separate my remote authentication policies from
local ones..

am I right with the facts I said above about telnet?
Do you know of any tip or trick on this?? any ideas are really appreciated..
Thank you :)

Best Regards,
t.a.k