how calculate the number of ip addresses in a range?

Peter Wemm peter at wemm.org
Thu Aug 8 22:30:41 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Matthew D. Fuller
<fullermd at over-yonder.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 08:55:38AM -0700 I heard the voice of
> Michael Sierchio, and lo! it spake thus:
>>
>> pkg_add -r ipsc
>
> For another, there's a "cidrcalc" program installed by devel/libcidr
> (full disclosure: of which I'm the author) that does similar things

I still suspect he was asking for somebody to do his homework for him.
 A third party tool doesn't work for that.  He needs the math for it.

--
Peter Wemm - peter at wemm.org; peter at FreeBSD.org; peter at yahoo-inc.com; KI6FJV
UTF-8: for when a ' just won\342\200\231t do.