pf performance?

Erich Weiler weiler at soe.ucsc.edu
Thu Apr 25 19:04:39 UTC 2013

> ... please ask the pfsense guys to either migrate to -9, or backport
> the -head pf (with the locking fixes!) to -8 for that.
>
> Otherwise you're very likely going to be wasting time on something you
> can't really push that much harder.

I can ask for that (and will soon, likely), but to play with my current
setup in the meantime, can we logically say that if I have 4 cores, and
one interrupt queue is assigned to each core, and under I load I see
each core (via "top -P") at 100% in interrupt usage, would it be safe to
say that more cores (with additional interrupt queues accordingly) would
mean more interrupts overall being processed, which would mean more pps?