Network connections are lost from time to time

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Fri Apr 19 21:28:04 UTC 2013

On Friday, April 19, 2013 4:14:43 pm C. L. Martinez wrote:
> On Friday, April 19, 2013, John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:

> >> ssh

> >> three
> maybe
> >> the

> >> e1000.
> >
> > igb?  There are some fixes to handle out of order packets on transmit that
> > could break new connections in some cases.  That is probably worth
> testing.  I
> > think you can just grab the sys/dev/e1000 from 9-stable and drop it into a
> > 9.1 tree to test.
> >
> > --
> Nop, I am using em driver ...

Ok, have you thought about running a tcpdump and then examining the dump
around the time that a drop occurs?  (Specifically, if you know the connection
that drops you can get wireshark to only display the packets for that dump).
Also, have you compared netstat -s before and after drops?

--
John Baldwin