gre tunnel woes

Andreas Nilsson andrnils at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 15:21:42 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Robert Blacquiere <freebsd-net at blacquiere.nl
> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 04:51:53PM +0200, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm struggling a fair bit with gre tunnels today:
> >
> > Woe 1:
> >
> > I'm trying to incorporate my gre tunnels into rc.conf, like
> >
> > cloned_interfaces="gre1"
> > ifconfig_gre1="inet 10.0.0.1/30 10.0.0.2 tunnel a.b.c.d e.f.g.h"
>
> I have "up" at the end of the ifconfig_gre0 statements and tunnels work
> also after reboot.
>
> For the other problems you are seeing I have no answer. There is no keep
>  alive for as i know to change tunnel to down if tunnel fails.
>
> Regards
>
> Robert

Thanks,

good to know there is hope. Unfortunately adding up directive at the end of
the ifconfig-line makes no difference :(

I should also have mentioned that this is on 9.1-RELEASE. The host is
multihomed, so the tunnels needs a route installed to "go the right way",
ie they should not go over the default route. Maybe I should just add the
NOAUTO keyword and create a local rc.d service that start all tunnels...

Best regards
Andreas