Is it possible to slow down the network interface?

Paul A. Procacci pprocacci at datapipe.com
Tue Apr 2 23:31:45 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 04:25:58PM -0700, Yuri wrote:
> For the testing purposes, I would like to be able to control the maximum
> speed of the interface.

ipfw (pf too?) can artifically control speeds via dummynet.
There are man pages describing all of the above and should be a good
starting place for you.

~Paul

This message may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise us immediately and delete this message. See http://www.datapipe.com/legal/email_disclaimer/ for further information on confidentiality and the risks of non-secure electronic communication. If you cannot access these links, please notify us by reply message and we will send the contents to you.