kerberized NFS

Giulio Ferro auryn at zirakzigil.org
Fri Jan 27 18:15:43 UTC 2012

I'm trying to setup a kerberized NFS system made of a server and a
client (both freebsd 9 amd64 stable)

I've tried to follow this howto:
http://code.google.com/p/macnfsv4/wiki/FreeBSD8KerberizedNFSSetup

But couldn't get much out of it.

First question : is this howto still valid or something more recent
should be followed? I've searched with Google but I've come up empty.

I've set up kerberos heimdal, created the dns entries for both
client and server, set up krb5.keytab and copied it to client, set
up nfs4 according to man nfsv4:

(server)
cat /etc/exports
V4: /usr/src -sec=krb5:krb5i:krb5p

and then tried to mount it from the client:

mount_nfs -o ntfsv4,sec=krb5i,gssname=nfs
nfsinternal1.dcssrl.it:/usr/src /usr/src

but it failed with :
[tcp] nfsinternal1.dcssrl.it:/usr/src: Permission denied

Can you point me to something that I might have got wrong?

Thanks in advance.