stateful firewall implementation in FreeBSD

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Thu Jan 26 19:44:21 UTC 2012

On 1/26/2012 12:24 PM, satish amara wrote:
> Hi,
> I have question regarding stateful firewall implementation of FreeBSD.
> IPF has  stateful “keep state” option.

Hi,
	Take a look at pf, not ipf. ipf is not really maintained or used much
any more under FreeBSD.  With respect to dealing with congestion, there
are many params you can tune in pf.  Take a look at the man pages for
pf.conf for details as you can control how this situation is dealt with
to some degree.

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400