bge0 interface seen but not working

Bill Norton bnorton916 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 14 17:09:27 UTC 2012

Greetings,

I posted this on the pc-bsd forum and was directed here.

I installed the latest 8.X and the interface worked fine.

Yesterday, I did a clean install of 9.0.

The issue is that the bge0 interface is not working.
It is seen by the kernel(ifconfig shows it) but just won't ping.
I have tried dhcp and a static address.
I used a backtrack live cd and this worked fine.

I did find this bug below but it seemed to only affect 8.2

The bge(4) Ethernet driver has a known issue where the interface is seen but does not respond to networking requests. A patch is available for 8.2 (see 155442) and the driver will be fixed in 8.3.

Any ideas?

Bill Norton