SCHED_ULE / NetGraph interaction broken somwhere between r227874 and r229818

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 12 10:37:59 UTC 2012

Hello, Andriy.
You wrote 12 января 2012 г., 14:29:57:

> Well, I mostly meant things like uptime, load level and pattern, etc.
  These are identical too -- freshly boot system, same load (torrent
 client on other box), only load -- traffic, as it is router, same
 upload/download speeds and peer counts in torrent client.

> But what mav says makes sense.
  I'm rebuilding system with ULE and KSTACK_PAGES=6 (3 is default on i386)
 now.

> Also I remember seeing some very old reports about some strange issues with
> SCHED_ULE and dummynet.
> Some links that I found:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2008-October/046332.html
> http://dadv.livejournal.com/139366.html#cutid1

> Given the last link, I wonder if binding the ng_queue thread to a particular CPU
> would change anything.
  It is AMD Geode 500MHz. There is no ``particular CPU,'' there is only
The CPU with The Core :)

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>