openbgpds not talking each other since 8.2-STABLE upgrade

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Fri Jan 6 16:33:43 UTC 2012

On 6. Jan 2012, at 15:35 , Ed Maste wrote:

> Yes, your testing clearly demonstrates some kernel issues here.  I'll
> see if I can find someone to investigate (or can help guide further
> debugging).
>
> Thanks again for the effort here so far.

I am still having trouble with the table (as I had with the original mail,
which was just too long - as is the table).

The bottom lines are:

0) Drop all test cases with the sysctl turned off (they should dtrt also
   w/o the sysctl).  It should be a SADB policy && socket option decision
   (depending on direction).

1) there is a problem in _syncache_add leading to the wrong behaviour in
   situations in respond.

2) there is another problem I haven't looked at where to say it is,
   basically related to the way we decide to treat (0) (but also in the
   other direction)

3) there is a problem of not properly checking an error case in tcp_subr.c
   at one point but would be void if (0/2) was done right in both directions.

If you can wait till early next week I might have a patch that cleans
parts of this up in general and we can go from there?

/bz

   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!