openbgpds not talking each other since 8.2-STABLE upgrade

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 3 19:07:12 UTC 2012

Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org> wrote
  in <4F027BC0.1080101 at FreeBSD.org>:

do> We have a pair of physical FreeBSD systems configured as routers
do> designed to operate in an active/standby CARP configuration. Everything
do> used to work fine, but since an upgrade to 8.2-STABLE on December 29th
do> the two routers don't speak BGP to each other anymore. They both
do> function fine individually, and failover works. It is only the openbgpd
do> communication between them that's not flowing.

 Doug, does your kernel have TCP_SIGNATURE option?  The patch[*] for
 net/openbgpd can be used as a workaround if it was due to TCP_MD5SIG
 option on the listening sockets.

 [*] http://people.allbsd.org/~hrs/FreeBSD/openbgpd.20120104-1.diff

 While this is an ugly hack and I will investigate more reasonable
 solution for that, I want to narrow down the cause first.  Can anyone
 who are using a 8-STABLE kenrel with TCP_SIGNATURE let me know if
 this works or not?

-- Hiroki