Max FIBS

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sat Feb 11 08:41:04 UTC 2012

On 11. Feb 2012, at 08:35 , Julian Elischer wrote:

> On 2/8/12 1:28 PM, Joe Holden wrote:
>> Julian Elischer wrote:

>>> it was designed to be able to be expanable... there is only the one place.
>>>
>>> there are upcoming FIB changes and it may be a good oportunity to change this in 10..
>>>
>> aha, I was under the impression that it was limited due to mbuf size, not sure where I read that - think it was a commit from a while back.
>
> you are correct.. the one limitation is the mbufs
> but we can maybe change the mbuf layout a little in 10
> which will allow for more FIBs

We are basically waiting for someone to touch mbufs for real and to be able
to do the full performance re-evaluation but I guess we'd also like to have
the secondary zone to die etc all in the same go...

Meanwhile updating the limit locally isn't too hard; it's a couple of line
change.

/bz

   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!