Bad routing performance on 500Mhz Geode LX with CURRENT, ipfw and mpd5

Eugene Grosbein egrosbein at rdtc.ru
Fri Aug 31 15:54:10 UTC 2012

31.08.2012 13:54, Adrian Chadd пишет:
> Just as a data point - disable preemption and try again?

I've rebuilt by kernel with SCHED_ULE and excluded PREEMPTION.
Stock driver works without changes in behaviour and driver from HEAD
now works very similar to old one: LA is not higher than 2 and
userland is pretty responsive. Also, transfer speed with new driver is
several percent more. That's good.

Care to explain such dramatic difference for new driver
with/without PREEMPTION for relatively slow uniprocessor system?

> And run 4BSD + no preemption, try again?

I'll try that too in short time.

Eugene Grosbein