Problem with link aggregation + sshd

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Tue Aug 28 09:49:00 UTC 2012

> No answer, so it seems that link aggregation doesn't really work in freebsd,
> this may help others with the same problem...

I used to use LCAP a lot - this was a few years ago, but the critical
point was that it only worked if all the cables went to the same
logcial switch. Using a pair of switches for redundancy works fine, as
long as they are of the type which stacvk and look like a single physical
switch software-wise.

Saying "it doesnt really work in freebsd" is, to be honest, not so
far off the mark (if somewhat harshly phrased) - but it can be made to
behave if you do it in a certain way, and when it does it runs very nicely.
Note that I havent tried it since 2008, so it maye have been improved since
then, or had regressions, but I suggest trying it into a single
switch and seeing what happens.

cheers,

-pete.