82574L hangs (with r233708 e1000 driver).

Barney Cordoba barney_cordoba at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 17 14:23:52 UTC 2012

--- On Thu, 8/9/12, Jason Wolfe <nitroboost at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Jason Wolfe <nitroboost at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: 82574L hangs (with r233708 e1000 driver).
> To: "Barney Cordoba" <barney_cordoba at yahoo.com>
> Date: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 7:31 PM
> On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 8:25 AM,
> Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >> --- On Fri, 5/11/12, Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> FWIW, I've got an X7SPE-HF-D525 MB with 82574L
> running on a
> >> 7.0 driver
> >> that seems to work pretty well. It panics once in a
> blue
> >> moon when we
> >> overload it (like 200Mb/s of traffic) but it
> generally works
> >> ok.
> >>
> >> BC
> >
> > Has anything been done or patched regarding this
> problem?
> >
> > BC
>
> Ever since r235553 the 82574L has been stable for me,
> collectively
> passing ~1.2Tb/s for the past 4 months without issue.
> We did have
> some issues with switches not liking the fallout of what
> r236162 fixed
> that we updated to, but the cards themselves were
> fine.  If you pull
> the current e1000 from 8-STABLE you'll get up to r236162.
>
> Jason

Do you get occasional watchdog reset messages? I'm trying to see if
the buffer jumping problem has been fixed or if they just put a condition
watch in to keep it from remaining hung.

Is Jack confident that something substantive has been corrected? If so,
what was the culprit? I have to patch it into a 7.x driver.

Barney