wpa_supplicant wpa peap gtc connection - gtc failing?

Bernhard Schmidt bschmidt at techwires.net
Fri Aug 17 07:38:56 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 3:40 AM, Da Rock
<freebsd-net at herveybayaustralia.com.au> wrote:
> I'm trying to access a uni network using wpa-peap with GTC authentication,
> and no matter what I've tried it fails.
>
> I've come across the same error in most of my logs: "phase2 request: NAK
> type 6".

I haven't tried GTC myself, though, I know that wpa_supplicant by
default is built *without* support for that. You didn't mention it, so
I assume that might be a valid pointer.

Just adding WPA_SUPPLICANT_CFLAGS=-DEAP_GTC to /etc/make.conf and
rebuilding/reinstalling /usr/src/usr.sbin/wpa should get you going.

HTH

--
Bernhard