FreeBSD TCP ignores zero window size

Andre Oppermann andre at freebsd.org
Tue Apr 3 22:59:30 UTC 2012

On 03.04.2012 17:38, Darren Reed wrote:
> On 3/04/2012 11:45 PM, Andre Oppermann wrote:
>> On 01.04.2012 09:27, Darren Reed wrote:
>>> The problem here is that it only tracks the window size as
>>> it grows, not as it shrinks. Thus the remote end setting its
>>> window size to 0 is ignored.
>>
>> My patch is wrong as the acked count is already integrated
>> by the time we reach this spot.  I'm working on a better
>> implementation.
>
> Ok, I'll look forward to seeing and testing it.

Please test this patch:
  http://people.freebsd.org/~andre/tcp_input.c-windowupdate-2012040.diff

I just completed a number of tests and inspected the debug output as
well as the corresponding tcpdumps.  In all could simulate it behaved
correctly now with regard to tracking the window and updates.

--
Andre