lagg problems on diskless client

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at acm.org
Tue Apr 3 20:07:27 UTC 2012

On 2012-Apr-03 13:17:50 +0300, Beeblebrox <zaphod at berentweb.com> wrote:
>> Please don't top post.
>Wasn't aware I was doing that. This is better I hope?

Yes but there's no need to quote the entire mail you're replying to.

>> Are you sure you installed /etc/rc.d/lagg or an equivalent script?
>I had not noticed the link to the script at the bottom - I placed script in
>DC's private conf/<ip>/etc/rc.d then booted the DC. I got system freeze and
>1 message:
>ifconfig: interface re0 cannot change link address!
>looking through the script I found the problem: lagg_tmp:=/mnt. My DC /root
>is *ro* so I'll have to change it to another tmp.

Actually, it doesn't matter that the root is RO, just that /mnt exists
so it can be used as a mountpoint.

And, BTW, I've just noticed that, whilst $lagg_tmp is parameterised.
/mnt is also hard-coded in several places in the script.  Sorry about
that.

> Considering that my /var
>and /etc are md-mounted, using either seems out of the question. I also
>have /tmp mounted as tmpfs. Can I mkdir -p /tmp/lagg and mount lagg_tmp
>there or does it have to be an NFS shared location - what do you suggest?

AFAIR, I use a separate ramdisk because /etc/rc.d/lagg runs very early
and other mountpoints cannot be relied on.

--
Peter Jeremy