Re: sctp cmt problem:using two wireless cards the speed is lower than using one wireless cards

Michael Tüxen Michael.Tuexen at lurchi.franken.de
Wed Sep 14 13:26:02 UTC 2011

On Sep 14, 2011, at 2:56 PM, jyl_2006 wrote:

> Before testing cmt in wlan,we also turn on sysctl states by setting
> sysctl net.inet.sctp.cmt_pf=1
> sysctl net.inet.sctp.cmt_use_dac=1
> sysctl net.inet.sctp.cmt_on_off=1
>
> My Os is Freebsd8.2, I write a simple tarball  to send data ,  and get data
> from wireshark .
> The result shows that both two path have data , but the time of two path is
> much higher than one path.
>
> Can anyone point out something we did wrong or steps we missed?
Hi,

I would suggest to update to the latest version of the code, FreeBSD 9 Beta2.

In addition to that, you might want to
* enable NR-SACK: sysctl -w net.inet.sctp.nr_sack_on_off=1
* enable send/recv buffer splitting: sysctl -w net.inet.sctp.buffer_splitting=3

This should improve things. I've tested stuff with wired interfaces. Not
sure how wireless interference might impact that stuff.

Best regards
Michael