Intel NIC stops working

George Neville-Neil gnn at neville-neil.com
Fri Sep 9 00:28:04 UTC 2011

On Aug 17, 2011, at 04:06 , Johannes wrote:

> Hi Sami,
>
> thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, down/up the interface does not
> resolve the problem.
> I have to reboot my server in order to use the nic again.

Crazy suggestion.  Check the memory on your server using memtest or the like.
Those stats you quoted just look very wrong to me, since they numbers are huge
for broadcast and multicast.  I think something in memory is trashed.  Now,
it may be a bug in the driver or somewhere else, but check your memory first.

Best,
George