kern/160391: [ieee80211] [patch] Panic in mesh mode

Edgar Martinez emartinez at kbcnetworks.com
Tue Sep 6 15:55:05 UTC 2011

Will provide dumps soon.

But yes, effectively, two physical radios on a single board.

Each configured in mesh mode.

When they are both configured the same (channel/meshid/etc), and see each other, bad things happen. - Easy fix is to MAC filter.

When they are both configured differently (channel/meshid/etc), and see each other, via the network, bad things happen. - Easy fix is to MAC filter.

Interesting phenomena I am tracking down...sometimes the local and peer addresses are three characters vs four...and then of course its b0rkeD...a reboot sometimes cleans it right up, and things run...

Finally, there's no mechanism to manually flush out the mesh info, yet, so I also noticed that it appears the routes just stop updating...

I've been too busy to root cause many issues, and have only focused on the show-stoppers...but I really need to...