Intel 82574L interface wedging on em 7.1.9/7.2.3 when MSIX enabled

Emil Muratov gpm at hotplug.ru
Thu Oct 27 07:01:08 UTC 2011

>> Hi All,
>> I've got almost the same problem with intel 82574L based nic. My platform is
>> nvidia ion running Atom 1.6 and nic is an external PCI-express adapter.
>> Unlike Jason's case mine is always stuck in receiving traffic, it's Ierrs
>> increasing while Ipkts not. Thanks to Jason's script I can see those locks
>> and interface flapping every several hours. My system is not a heavy loaded
>> server but just a home nas/router, usually routing at 100 mbps or less.
>> Nither disabling MSIX nor tuning txd rxd doesn't help me.
>>
> Hi,
>
> When this occurs, does this completely lock up with RX traffic? Ie,
> _no_ valid RX traffic occurs?
> If so, does the error count increase 1:1 with what traffic you're
> trying to send to it?

Hi Adrian
Yes, it's completely locked - ping packet loss to the interface is 100%,
I also managed to run tcpdump -ni em0 and there were only outgoing
packets from the interface but no packets arrived to the interface. As
for the error counter ratio - I'm not sure about it, don't know how
check this besides comparing counters on the switch with interface, but
it's a little bit complicated to catch in time.