choosing distribution: FreeBSD

Jason Hellenthal jhell at DataIX.net
Mon Nov 28 00:11:24 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 10:13:42AM -0500, LinuxIsOne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well, I am basically a Windows convert, but very frankly saying that: I am
> new to the world of Linux. So I should use FreeBSD or something easier
> distribution in the Linux...? Or it is perfectly okay for a newbie to go
> with FreeBSD?

I will never understand why or when people stopped just jumping into an OS to see what it is actually about and how it feels. Typically if you are asking the above question then you are also not installing to some critical system... so with that said -- "Do not ask to use, Just Do!".

Rating a bannanna over an apple is non-existant, your tastes and aim will always be different than the majority.

good luck.