MPD LAC Scaling

David Hooton david.hooton at platformnetworks.net
Thu Nov 3 16:37:39 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I'm currently evaluating MPD as a potential LAC solution for a project I'm working on.  I'm looking to try and handle at least 4Gbit and 20,000 sessions worth of PPPoE -> L2TP LAC traffic per server.  The reading I've done from the archives so far seems to indicate that this has not yet been done..

So my questions to you are:
A) Can it be done?
B) Am I crazy?
C) What is the most sessions and traffic an MPD install is doing that you're aware of?
C) What kind of hardware is required?
D) What MPD and BSD configurations would you recommend?
E) How would I load test such a configuration?

I'm hoping to start testing our options very shortly and am willing to contribute development time & effort if required to make it happen.  Thanks for your help!
--
Cheers!

Dave