Undocumented netgraph `cmd' flags ?

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Tue Nov 1 05:31:31 UTC 2011

On 10/31/11 4:16 PM, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
> Hi Julian,
>
> For my information, is it documented anywhere that bit 28[0] and 29[1]
> of Netgraph message's `cmd' shall not be used (the bits, not the
> macros) ?
>
> Thanks,
>   - Arnaud
>
> [0]: NGM_READONLY
> [1]: NGM_HASREPLY

Not really sure what you are asking.

NGM_READONLY allows the base system to use a reader lock and not block
other
traffic while the message is bring processed.
NGM_HASREPLY is not used that I can see in the kernel. It may be a
historical artifact or
maybe only used in the library as a hint.

It has been so long since I was involved with netgraph (over a decade)
that I really don't remember.