State of multicast routing in 8-STABLE?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Sun May 15 17:58:00 UTC 2011

Hello, Freebsd-net.

 Is here any solutions for routing multicast for 8-STABLE gateway with
NAT? mrouted is know as very buggy (and doesn't support PIM), igmpproxy is very
unstable too... Anything else?

 Is it possible to use IPTV, which is multicasted by my ISP, when
FreeBSD is gateway + NAT, on any computer in my network, different
channels (read: different mcast addresses) from different computers?
Here are some discussions on forums, but almost all of them are about
7-STABLE era and results is very controversial.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>