Random TCP 3 second delay

Michael michael at gameservice.ru
Thu May 12 20:50:33 UTC 2011

MD> 3 seconds delay usually indicate packet loss somewhere along the
MD> path.  You have to examine your network between nginx and your app
MD> to find out where (and why) packets are lost.
I don't think i have packet loss, traffic is going via loopback

MD> Some basic steps on FreeBSD include looking though "netstat -id",
MD> "netstat -s" output, "vmstat -z" output and your ethernet
MD> controller stats via "sysctl dev.<driver>" (if any).
I don't see dropped packets on lo0 with netstat -id
What  should i see in "netstat -s" and "vmstat -z"?

MD> You may also want to check if you by accident have some statefull
MD> firewall between nginx and backend.
I  have  only  ipfw  rules,  and  the  first  rule is accepting local
traffic: 00005 8211184509 4547370329265 allow ip from me to me

can this be the problem?

Michael