CFT: 11n support for iwn(4)

Brandon Gooch jamesbrandongooch at gmail.com
Sun May 1 21:36:59 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 8:24 AM, Bernhard Schmidt <bschmidt at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 01 May 2011 13:19:30 Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I finally managed to get the 11n bits for iwn(4) sorted out. Well,
>> there is still an issue somewhere with HT40 frame protection or
>> TX chain setup on 5000 adapters, resulting in throughput not being
>> that stable. But overall it seems to work pretty decently
>>
>> This is for HEAD only right now, net80211 in stable/8 does not yet
>> contain the latest 11n related fixes. So, if you run HEAD and have
>> some iwn(4) hardware, I'd appreciate feedback.
>> ..
>
> Updated version, I've missed a locking issue.
>
> --
> Bernhard

Thanks for working on this Bernhard!

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble achieving HT rates.

After 'wlandebug 0xffffffff', lots of:
May  1 14:38:15 x300 kernel: wlan0: received beacon from
00:1d:0f:d3:fb:cc rssi 47
May  1 14:38:15 x300 kernel: wlan0: [00:1d:0f:d3:fb:cc] discard beacon
frame, ie too short, got 26, expected 30

I've attached relevant debugging information, but let me know if there
may be anything else that could help. I need to work on DTracing
net80211, any tips on relevant function traces?

-Brandon