IPv6 policy based source routing

Matt Smith matt.xtaz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 15:34:56 UTC 2011

On 15 March 2011 11:39, Matt Smith <matt.xtaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I have a question about source routing I hope you can help me with.

I have been doing some more research into this and it appears the
proper way to accomplish what I want is to set
net.inet6.ip6.use_deprecated to 0 and then deprecate the IPv6 address
on the gif0 interface by setting the preferred lifetime to zero. This
apparently makes the source address selection algorithm choose the
alternative address on vr0. I can do the first part but I can't figure
out how to do the second part. Any ideas surrounding this?

The windows command to do this is: "netsh interface ipv6 set address
IP6Tunnel <client endpoint IP> preferredlifetime=0s" so I need a
FreeBSD equivalent of this command. Does such a thing exist? I've had
a quick search through the ifconfig man page etc but nothing jumps out
at me.

Regards, Matt.