please (re) test AR9220/AR9280 if_ath in -HEAD

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 01:33:56 UTC 2011

Hi all again!

I've just committed some more fixes to TX power calibration for the AR9220
and AR9280.

I -think- I have all of the radio setup correct now for the AR5416, AR9160,
AR9220 and AR9280.

If you're using any of these, especially if you're using the AR9220/AR9280
(and doubly so oif you're using the Ubiquiti SR71-12 or SR71-15) then I'd
really appreciate if you did some testing and got back to me.

I specifically want to ensure that there's no transmission errors in
"normal" (ie, not overly noisy) environments. The earlier AR9220/AR9280 code
didn't entirely setup the TX calibration right so it's possible there was
distortion. This would've showed up as high TX retransmissions and error
rates (sysctl dev.ath.0.sample_stats=1 ; then check dmesg.)

I'm working on the AR9285/AR2427 right now and yes, there's still issues
there with TX calibration. I'll let everyone know when I've made some
progress there.

Thanks!

Adrian