Ralink Ethernet MAC support patch

Aleksandr Rybalko ray at freebsd.org
Thu Jun 30 12:22:57 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

I have a patch that enable support of Ethernet MAC on most Ralink
system-on-chip.

I use it more than half year and it works well. But still have some
problem, one of it: I still not found why driver stop receive frames
after ifconfig rt0 down/ifconfig rt0 up. Maybe somebody want to test
and/or help me with development.

Driver still don't support VLAN/PPPoE offload, but able to transmit at
88Mbps on 384MHz MIPS32 SoC.

Usage:
# Enable if_rt
device		rt

# Enable debug messages
options		IF_RT_DEBUG
# Enable PHY support (untested because I don't seen such devices
# with PHYs attached to it yet, only attached to internal switch in
# RT305xF SoCs)
options		IF_RT_PHY_SUPPORT              opt_if_rt.h
# count of allocated dma ring buffers
options		IF_RT_RING_DATA_COUNT          opt_if_rt.h

I will glad to see any comments/feedback about it.

--
Aleksandr Rybalko <ray at freebsd.org>