iwn -CURRENT drivers on -STABLE?

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Sun Jun 26 14:41:35 UTC 2011

On 25 June 2011 03:00, Patrick Lahni <list at cykotix.com> wrote:

> End game is I'd like tinker around using it at least in hostap mode.  I
> realize 11n is still very much in development and I'm ok with that.  Even
> using it as 11g in hostap mode would be a plus until 11n catches up.  As of
> now, hostap isn't supported on my card in -stable, at least that's what
> dmesg tells me when I try.  I'd love to help test this if it was possible to
> use -current for just those modules and -stable for the rest of the machine.

I think the problem with the iwn NICs here is we're limited to what
the firmware supports, and I don't -think- the firmware even supports
hostap mode.

Your best bet is what everyone else seems to do, use an ath(4) NIC. :)

Bernhard's making some great progress with iwn and 11n in STA mode though.

Adrian